Lent Reading Plan
Below is a study plan that will start on Monday, March 16th and go until Good Friday, April 10th.
You can also join us in fasting on Thursdays. Read about that here: Fasting Plan for Lent.
Before you jump into the reading.
As you prepare for these daily readings, we encourage you to do three things:
1. Find a time each day that works best for you. Whether it's morning, lunch break, evening, or before bed - finding a regular time can help you get in the habit of reading Scripture.
2. Find a place that allows you to quiet your mind. Whether it's an office, your car, a closet, or your garage - a solitary place will help you hear from God. And turn off the notifications on your phone!
3. Before reading, pray and ask God to speak to you. It is the Holy Spirit who illuminates God's revealed Word, and we need his help. Consider Him your tour guide of the bible.
To keep it simple, here are three questions to consider prayerfully as you read each passage:
- What does this reveal about God? What does this reveal about his character, how he works, his love, etc.?
- How am I to live in light of what it reveals about God (your answer to question #1)? What should this change about my life?
- Is there a next step I can take to apply what I just read?
Monday, March 16
A blog post that goes along with the reading: Cost of Following Jesus.
Tuesday, March 17
Matthew 16:13-27 (Peter declares Jesus is the Messiah, then argues with him about Jesus' death)
Wednesday, March 18
Blog post that goes along with the reading: Forgiven to Forgive.
Thursday, March 19
1 Peter 3:8-22 (suffer for doing good, like Christ did)
Friday, March 20
Romans 6:1-4 (Dead to sin, alive to Christ)
Blog post that goes along with the reading: An Old-Fashioned Word That Still Applies.
Monday, March 23
Blog post that goes along with the reading: Holding Everything Loosely
Tuesday, March 24
Luke 18:18-30 (Rich young ruler has an issue)
Wednesday, March 25
Blog post that goes along with the reading: No Self-Condemnation.
Thursday, March 26
Hebrews 10:32-39 (Don't shrink back from suffering)
Friday, March 27
Blog that goes along with the reading: Let the Walls Fall.
Monday, March 30
John 14:25-28 (a peace the world cannot give)
Tuesday, March 31
Blog post that goes along with the reading: You're Gonna' Lose
Wednesday, April 1
Blog post that goes along with the reading: Guarded Hearts
Thursday, April 2
Psalm 23 (through the valley of the shadow of death)
Friday, April 3
Luke 12:4-12 (don't worry; instead, fear God)
Monday, April 6
Tuesday, April 7
Wednesday, April 8
Thursday, April 9
Friday, April 10